[vpn-help] Virtual adapter assigned IP address question (Netscreen 5GT)

C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de C.Hoffmann at ProSeS.de
Mon Dec 27 04:33:17 CST 2010

Hi,

The ipconfig data shown is correct.
Is the VPN IP pool the same subnet as your (NetScreen) LAN? I never got that working that way (but didn't try hard), and had to use a different subnet. That is working flawlessly unless the NS isn't the default gateway, and you do not have personal firewalls filtering incoming request from outside of your LAN.

Clemens

________________________________
Von: vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net [vpn-help-bounces at lists.shrew.net] im Auftrag von Parampat Aja [parampat at hotmail.com]
Gesendet: Montag, 27. Dezember 2010 01:08
An: vpn-help at lists.shrew.net
Betreff: [vpn-help] Virtual adapter assigned IP address question (Netscreen 5GT)

Hello community,

First of all, thank you for this great piece of software. After bending head over heal trying to configure my Netscreen 5GT 5.4.0r14.0 (Firewall+VPN), I was able to successfully connect. However, I can't seem to connect to any hosts behind VPN. I figure that it may be due to the virtual adapter is assigned only 1 IP address, with /32 mask and no gateway.

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection* 12:

   Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . :
   Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::6de1:a277:54d:4c48%17
   IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 10.10.10.211
   Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

I followed this howto: http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoJuniperSsg and for client configuration, I loaded the sample client configuration posted here: http://www.shrew.net/static/howto/JuniperSsg/juniperssg.vpn and just modified some fields.

Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks,
MSN