[vpn-help] Juniper Netscreen Remote Proxy-ID to Shrew VPN client configuration translation

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Feb 9 00:25:59 CST 2010

On 1/31/2010 1:01 AM, Cyrus Tam wrote:
> Hi to everyone,
> I'm new to the mailing list and hope that it can help me out with my
> problem.This is related to the lack of VPN client support of Juniper for
> Windows 7.
> I had the chance to work on Shrew VPN client and successfully connecting
> it to our Juniper SSG firewall. During the process, I was unable to get
> the Proxy-ID configuration from our Netscreen Remote and have it
> translated to Shrerw VPN. So currently, I'm working with Shrew using
> almost of the config guide that they have posted as support for Juniper.
> I think this is the determining factor why all the Internet traffic goes
> to the VPN once the Shrew establishes a successful remote connection and
> also, I wanted to adapt the Shrew client to our previous config for the
> existing Netscreen Remote remote users.
> Hoping for any information that may help me out on this issue.

I don't think I understand what you mean by proxy ID configuration. Are
you trying to selectively tunnel traffic from the VPN client host ( not
tunnel everything )? If so, you would specify an include network under
the site configuration policy tab for each network that exists behind
the Juniper gateway.