[vpn-help] Split DNS for local LAN

Chris Rodgers christopher.rodgers at cardiov.ox.ac.uk
Tue Feb 16 12:43:02 CST 2010

Hi,

I have Shrewsoft VPN 2.1.5 for Windows. I would like to be able to send
all traffic across the VPN, except for access to some other local
machines. Mostly, this works by adding a "policy" that excludes the
local subnet from VPN tunelling.

I'd like to be able to also EXCLUDE the local DNS suffixes from being
tunnelled, but to send everything else.

Is it possible to add a split DNS rule so that all DNS queries are
resolved through the remote VPN tunnelled DNS server EXCEPT for a short
list of (maybe even one) DNS suffix for the local network?

If not, perhaps you'd consider this as a feature.

Many thanks,

Chris.