[vpn-help] [Vpn-help] Adapter Configuration Failed

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Feb 9 00:40:44 CST 2010

On 2/4/2010 5:06 PM, Paul Kuckein wrote:
> Mathew --
>
> I am having a similar problem to that described in the the "[Vpn-help]
> Adapter Configuration Failed" thread.
>
> I have installed the latest version of the Client (2.1.5) on my 32-bit
> Vista machine.
>
> I installed it on top of version 2.1.4, which appeared to uninstall
> correctly.

My guess would be that there are remnants of the 2.1.4 client still
lingering. Most likely, the virtual network adapter driver. I would
uninstall the 2.1.5 version and then remove all traces of Shrew Soft
virtual network driver files ( virtualnet.sys ) from your system.
Afterwords, try reinstalling.