[vpn-help] Limit policy ports to Juniper Device

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Feb 9 00:49:45 CST 2010

On 2/8/2010 12:57 PM, Shawn Rawles wrote:
> I have an SSG appliance and am setting up a Certificate based Dial-up
> VPN using the Shrew Client. I have been able to get this to work.
> However, I would like to limit the ports in the policy but this seems
> entirely not possible as there are no config options for ports in Shrew.
> Does anyone know if this is possible?

Yes and no. The internals of the client actually understand using ports
as policy selectors. However, IP routes are used to ensure traffic will
be sourced from a virtual adapter. Since we can only specify IP address
granularity with routes, we don't offer port information as part of the
include / exclude policy definitions.