[vpn-help] Using VPN Trace utility

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Feb 18 23:47:05 CST 2010

On 2/11/2010 9:57 AM, Mike Parsons wrote:
> Hello—
>
> I am trying to debug a vpn client connect issue using Shrew Soft 2.1.5
> on windows 7 and connecting to a Juniper SSG
>
> I started the VPN trace application and then attempted top connect to
> the SSG. No output showed up in any of the VPN trace application tabs
> nor did anything show up in the log files of the client.
>
> Any thoughts?

This document describes how to use the VPN Trace utility to obtain log
and packet dump output from the IKE/IPsec daemons ...

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows

With Widows Vista/7, you need to right click on the VPN Trace start menu
icon and select "Run as administrator" or you won't be able to do much
with the application.