[vpn-help] Problems with VNC over Shrew Soft VPN client

Chris White chris.white at vnb.com
Tue Jan 5 10:13:41 CST 2010

Hello. I'm using Shrew Soft's 2.1.5 client for Windows (client is XP SP3
fully patched) to connect to an Adtran 3448 router. I can connect with
no problems, open Outlook and network shares as needed - I can even open
https sessions and ssh to various places around the network. However, I
cannot get VNC Enterprise to work properly at all. I'm connecting VNC
E4.3.2 to other E4.3.2 sessions. Regardless of whether I use encryption
for VNC or not, I can't connect. Wireshark shows several VNC
authentication negotiations, and several retransmissions of negotiation,
to no avail. VNC never connects. Any help would be great. Thanks.

Chris White
chris (dot) white at vnb (dot) com

This email has been processed by SmoothZap - www.smoothwall.net