[vpn-help] Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component.

Ritesh Kohad ritesh.kohad at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 12:26:20 CST 2010

Hi Guys,

I am getting "Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component."
error msg while installation!

to be specific, above error occurs at "Execute: C:\Program
Files\ShrewSoft\VPN Client\netcfg.exe -add service vflt C:\Program
Files\ShrewSoft\VPN Client\drivers\vfilter.inf" step and installation
continues if I click OK!

when I try to connect to my vpn server it does not connect!

it does displays following msgs!

config loaded for site 'VPN xxxxx.pcf'
configuring client settings ...
attached to key daemon ...
peer configured
iskamp proposal configured
esp proposal configured
client configured
local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing up tunnel ...
network unavailable
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon ...

I am feeling some component is not installed or some service is disabled or
stoped in my system so, installer is not able to install network drivers!!
plz help guys!

--
Thanks,
Ritesh Kohad