[vpn-help] Problem with -import switch of ipseca.exe

Hoffmann, Martin hoffmann at biochem.mpg.de
Thu Jan 21 16:32:00 CST 2010

Problem:
we want to deploy your Shrew VPN Client to our Clients.
The installation is no problem, and in the changelog of version 1.0.0 i found that there is a <-import> switch for the ipseca executable. (http://www.shrew.net/download/changelog/vpn/1.0.0-release)
In my test this does not work anymore, and i cant import the VPN config (.vpn) from a command line.

i tryed the following things

C:\Program Files\ShrewSoft\VPN Client>ipseca.exe -import "c:\Users\usera\Desktop\"

or

C:\Program Files\ShrewSoft\VPN Client>ipseca.exe -import "c:\Users\usera\Desktop\test.vpn"

There was no errror, but the configuration was not displayed/imported to the "Access Manager".
For my test i used the last stable release under windows xp and 7.

Is there a new way to import .vpn files or .pfc files from the command line?
Otherwise, if this is a bug can you please fix it in the next upcoming version.

Thank a lot.
Martin

Martin Hoffmann

Max-Planck-Institut of Biochemistry