[vpn-help] Shrew with Checkpoint - without a certificate

Andrew Miller AMI at intersurgical.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 05:44:04 CST 2010

Hello
I am trying to use Shrew to connect to our checkpoint firewall, in order to use win7-x64 which secureremote doesn't support, however it is setup so that it uses only a username and password, not a certificate. They (IT support) tell me that they don't have the checkpoint module to create certificates.
Is Shrew capable of connecting to this using only a username and password? If so, how do I do it? I have looked at the guides, and I cannot see a way to avoid using a certificate when setting up Shrew.
Any help would be really appraciated.
Andrew

Intersurgical Confidentiality Note
This email and any electronic files transmitted with it can contain confidential information. This information is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient or entity to whom it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying,  distribution, or the taking of any action in reliance on the contents of this electronic transmission is strictly prohibited, and that the information should be returned to Intersurgical immediately.
If you have received this email in error please notify us immediately at the address above or at postmaster at intersurgical.com
We cannot accept responsibility for any damage, disruption or loss to your data or computer system that may occur with the receipt of any electronic data from ourselves.
For further information please visit our website at http://www.intersurgical.com
Thank you.