[vpn-help] Juniper Netscreen Remote Proxy-ID to Shrew VPN client configuration translation

Cyrus Tam tam.cyrus at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 31 01:01:49 CST 2010

Hi to everyone,

I'm new to the mailing list and hope that it can help me out with my problem.This is related to the lack of VPN client support of Juniper for Windows 7.

I had the chance to work on Shrew VPN client and successfully connecting it to our Juniper SSG firewall. During the process, I was unable to get the Proxy-ID configuration from our Netscreen Remote and have it translated to Shrerw VPN. So currently, I'm working with Shrew using almost of the config guide that they have posted as support for Juniper.

I think this is the determining factor why all the Internet traffic goes to the VPN once the Shrew establishes a successful remote connection and also, I wanted to adapt the Shrew client to our previous config for the existing Netscreen Remote remote users.

Hoping for any information that may help me out on this issue.