[vpn-help] Windows 7 and Cisco ASA/PIX

Dave Roberts Dave at apansys.co.uk
Mon Jan 25 05:44:14 CST 2010

Hello again,

>From this site and from other internet searches, it seems that this is a very common problem, though described in many ways.

So my question has to be:

Has anyone got Shrew Soft VPN Client to work from Win7 (64 bit or even 32 bit) to a PIX (preferably 515)?

>From where I sit, this is the tip of an iceberg.  None of my customers have wanted to change to Vista from XP(32bit).

Many have considerable investment in PIX hardware - 10's of 1000's of $.

They are beginning to call for more powerful portable machines.

The last time I tried it, the NCP client worked fine but at GBP 65-100, depending on quantity and taxes....
At a break point around 20-30 users, it would be more economical to change the PIXs to ASAs.
And at least two of them cannot justify that sort of expenditure.

Best regards to all, Dave