[vpn-help] Windows 7 and Cisco ASA/PIX

Dave Roberts Dave at apansys.co.uk
Tue Jan 26 02:00:27 CST 2010

Thanks Matt,
That gives me some confidence.  After 5 days my current situation is this:

I have been trying with four Win7 machines, 2x 32bit and 2x 64bit.
I have tried 2.1.5 and all three versions of 2.1.6 (added 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0 etc)

I have two 32bit XP machines working fine with Shrew 2.1.5.
I have a 32 bit Win7 machine working fine with Cisco 5.0.02.0090 client.

Today I am doing a bare metal installation of Win7 64bit to ensure no interference from Virus scanners.
I will also do a hard reset to a PIX 501 I have available.  I am trying to obtain a spare PIX515e also.

In most (failed) attempts, I am getting a persistent "tunnel enabled" but no traffic (no ping etc).

Any further ideas gratefully received!

Thanks also to Kevin for his direct response.

Best regards to all, Dave