[vpn-help] Win7-64 timeout issues w/ Netgear fvs338 psk+xauth

Aaron Sarazan aaron.sarazan at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 10:38:47 CDT 2010

Hey guys,

I recently set up Shrew to work with our office's netgear vpn router, and
while it mostly works, it seems that the link goes dead after a few minutes.

I enabled dead peer detection, thinking it might help, but still no dice. It
never explicitly disconnects, it just seems to be in a zombie state. The
router admin page also maintains the connection, even saying "IPsec SA
Established"

Has anybody had any experience with this?

Win7 64-bit
Shrew Client 2.1.5->2.2.0a (all versions have problem)

Netgear FVS338 PSK + Xauth
phase1: 3DES SHA1 DHG2 Aggressive
phase2: 3DES SHA1
Use existing adapter