[vpn-help] general question: need to check for specific ports over vpn

gregmail at outtacyte.com gregmail at outtacyte.com
Thu Jul 8 10:43:04 CDT 2010

Hi all,

How can I tell if certain ports are being allowed over the vpn connection or
are being blocked?

I have a monitoring product that I'm trying to connect to a machine across
the Shrew-Cisco506 VPN and it's not connecting.

I can get to the machine in question with both ssh, http and https (22, 80,
& 443) but no go for the monitoring product.

The monitoring product does connect to a machine in my network with no
issues at all, just not to the one over the VPN.

The target machine is a VMware host (ESXi) and getting information from it
is virtually (pun intended) impossible.

-g