[vpn-help] Win7 64 traffic selection issue

Rick Reynolds rreynolds at ptsadvantage.com
Thu Jul 15 11:14:54 CDT 2010

I am having trouble setting up a HP G62 laptop running win7 64.

This is my first 64 bit device that I have tried to install a VPN client on but I have installed the client on many other systems and have never had an issue before.

The IKE and IPSEC negotiation seems to be working fine but when I try to send a ping to the remote end it appears like it is not being routed over the tunnel.  I read some of the past problem reports and found one in regards to NDIS5 and win7 64 and the resolution was to uninstall the oemxxx.inf file for network interface then re-install the client.  I did that and it didn't resolve the issue.

I also couldn't get the debug window to work.  This could simply be user error on my part because I've never had to use it in the past and have always been able to get the client working via the logging on the gateway.

I am not sure where to go next with this????

Rick