[vpn-help] Looking for a little more direction with the Netgeare fvs338..

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Mon Jul 5 20:47:53 CDT 2010

On 7/2/2010 11:53 PM, Jerrard Holland wrote:
> vpn client 2.1.5
> windows 7
> Netgear fvs338
>
> This time I have also turned on the remote access on the router. Let me
> know if you want a temp p/w to look at things..

Looks like your phase2 negotiation is failing due to policy mismatch. If
you don't add at least one include network in your client policy list,
it will try to use 0.0.0.0/0 as the remote network. Your policy has to
match on both the client or the gateway or negotiation will fail. There
is a complete example for this in the Juniper SSG howto ...

Juniper IPsec Policy Configuration
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoJuniperSsg#ConfigureIPsecPolicies

Client Policy Tab Configuration
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoJuniperSsg#PolicyTab