[vpn-help] Timeouts?

kevin shrew-vpn klmlk at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 9 17:13:02 CDT 2010

Hi Igor,

If there's no traffic, the VPN will probably end after the shorter of the Phase 1 lifetimes.  I think Phase 2 can renew for up to the applicable Phase 1 lifetime.

Look into the VPN Monitor functions in the AutoKey IKE definition (Advanced properties).  I think if you turn on Monitor and enable Rekey it may keep your VPN up regardless of the lifetime settings because it renews the sessions when the lifetime is up.  It may only apply to site-to-site VPNs though (not dial-up VPNs).