[vpn-help] Problems with DNS Proxy Daemon ...

Nathan Morrow nmorrow at spotswood.org
Thu Jul 29 15:07:21 CDT 2010

I had an issue with the current Stable Release (2.1.5).  Limited Users can't mess with service and when the service is running, but no VPN, no DNS at all.

I installed 2.1.6-rc-1 and all seems good.  Service is running, but internet/DNS still work.

Nathan

All,

I wanted to ping the list to ask about problems related to the DNS proxy
daemon. In particular, there have been reports of the client causing DNS
issues when the client is not connected. If you are experiencing such an
issue, can you please answer the following ...

1) Does the DNS resolution issue go away when the DNS proxy daemon is
restarted?

2) Does the problem still exist with the latest 2.1.6 beta 10? The state
handling code looked suspect so it was re-written.

Nathan Morrow
Director of Technical Ministries
Spotswood Baptist Church
4009 Lafayette Blvd