[vpn-help] Netgear FVG318

mikelupo at aol.com mikelupo at aol.com
Tue Jun 1 06:14:34 CDT 2010

Hi Tilman,
I apologize. When I replied to your post I thought the (FV"G"318) was a typo and that you were indeed working with the same router as me (FV"S"318G). I was wrong. So my advice does not correlate to your problem.
and...I see what you mean. I went to http://tools.netgear.com/landing/gui/security/fvg318/simulators/FVG3181_0_33/index.htm and stepped through the simulator for your router's setup and you're right...There's no xauth or mode config options for that router.  In that case I do not know if mode config or xauth is necessary for it to work with Shrew. Perhaps someone else in the community can give better advice?

Otherwise, you're left with either finding someone else's posted instructions or trial and error.
I'm interested to know if and how you solve the issue.

Best Regards,
Mike