[vpn-help] trying to connect to a Netgear FVS338

Jerry Holland jerrardholland at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 23:03:07 CDT 2010

I don't expect anyone to be able to jump right in with a solution, but...
I am trying to configure the Shrew VPN client to replace the netgear client that is being used on a Netgear FVS338 and three workers using vista.  We want to upgrade to windows 7, and my little netbook running Win7 is the test mule.
The netgear client works perfectly with the vista, but I cheated on the installation.  Netgear configured the file for me, and emailed it to me.

When I start the Shrew client, I get this on the dialog box:
Config loaded for site 'xx.x.xx.xx"  (x's provided here for modesty)
configuring client settings
attached to key daemon
peer configured
iskamp proposal configured
esp proposal configured
client configured
local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing up tunnel
(and after a short while...)
negotiation timout occurred
tunnel disables
detached fro key daemon

Anyone have any suggestions on how I start my troubleshooting journey on this one?
Jerry