[vpn-help] Windows Config for Shrew

kevin shrew-vpn klmlk at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 28 21:57:26 CDT 2010

On Mon, 28 Jun 2010 09:20:29 +0200
"Peter Gouws" <merlin at sazi.co.za> wrote:

> Hi Guys
>
> I've been using Netscreen client software to connect to Netgear FVS318
> routers, but now have to use something else due to incompatibility
> with Win 7.
>
> Shrew has been recommended, but I'm having difficulty setting up
> Shrew. Can anyone help?
>
> Attached vpn config file for FVS318.

Hi Peter,

How far have you gotten? Can you provide any logs from the Shrew debug
or the Netgear for us to look at?

You should also check the vpn-help archives, there have been a couple of
threads recently on setting up Netgear VPNs.  There's some discussion
on needing a specific combination of Xauth and ModeConfig settings, but
I'm not sure on the details.

http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2010-June/thread.html
http://lists.shrew.net/pipermail/vpn-help/2010-May/003325.html