[vpn-help] DNS Configuration

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Tue Jun 29 09:33:23 CDT 2010

On 6/29/2010 8:33 AM, Stéphane DAGUET wrote:
> My customer tested on a computer, it worked !
> He will deploy the new version on the other one, and give me an update.
>
> It seems you found the bug ! For my information, could you explain me what was wrong ?

Hi Stephane,

Good news indeed! Here is the relevant changelog section ...

Correct an issue in iked related to registry address list handling. Make
sure we null the buffer before reading [in] and parsing an address list.
Otherwise, we may believe we read an address from a zero length registry
value. This leads to problems when we attempt to revert temporary
address modifications. [because bogus info could be written out] Many
thanks to Stéphane Daguet for submitting the bug report and his
before/during/after registry screen shots.

... I should also mention, the 2.1.6 beta 9 that I just posted does not
contain the fix for this issue. I actually built it before I committed
these changes. If you need this fix on other machines, you will need to
use the dnsfix-1 build.