[vpn-help] 2.1.6 Beta 7 Available ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Mar 14 19:54:59 CDT 2010

All,

I just ported 2.1.6 beta 7 on the download page. After spending a few
weeks in the kernel debugger, I believe the suspend/resume problems are
now resolved. The client may still report the connection as active when
resuming but should no longer cause hangs or watchdog timeouts due to
blocked IRPs. Additional work will required to make the client detect
when a power state change is about to occur and terminate connections
gracefully. This will take time for us to correct but shouldn't cause
too many user headaches in the mean time.

Additionally, a pretty severe regression was found that caused packet
fragments to be incorrectly handled in the kernel filter path. This is
likely the cause of issues reported with the latest beta build. A few
other noteworthy changes were made such as preventing an install from
continuing when Program Compatibility Settings are detected. This could
have severely negative consequences, so I hope this change will prevent
problems of this nature from occurring in the future.