[vpn-help] Connectivity Issues mainly when using remote desk top

Ricky Bright ricky.bright at wurth.co.nz
Thu Mar 18 01:09:34 CDT 2010

Windows 7 / vista x86 issue

Hi Hope somebody has a solution or fix for my issue

I am loving the Shrew vpn client and is by far the best I have tried
but.......

Whenever I am using a remote desktop to connect remotely to a pc

I have about 1 minute to get done what I need

If i  access files remote shares or applications it is not as bad but
still will disconnect randomly

Every so often it will randomly disconnect from the remote desktop but
will automatically

reconnect asking for normal windows login credentials but usually after
putting this in about 30 seconds to 1 minute again the shrew client will

disconnect resulting in the same issue having to log back in to the
remote pc

I am connecting to border ware firewall hosting the ipsec services

This also happen using the paid for ipsec vpn client netsafe vpn

I am lost on why this happens the support team at borderware don't
support a client for any other os after xp

I am 100 % sure it has to be the client as I still have users on xp on
the old client and they don't get this issue only vista and windows 7
users all 32 bit, because the boarderware client dosnt work on these
versions of windows

The client give error like

sp proposal configured

client configured

local id configured

pre-shared key configured

bringing up tunnel ...

network device configured

tunnel enabled

gateway is not responding

tunnel disabled

detached from key daemon ...

but it can be 30 secounds 1 minute or 5 its like winning lotto picking
the right number is a 1 in a billon chance to pick when it will drop the
connection

I hope somebody can help me resolve this and thank you in advance

Confused not so experienced IPSec user J

Scanned by MailMarshal - Marshal8e6's comprehensive email content security solution.
Download a free evaluation of MailMarshal at www.marshal.com