[vpn-help] Fwd: Re: Fwd: Re: Starting the GUI

Albrecht Mehl mehl at freunde.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Mar 25 04:13:49 CDT 2010

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: Re: [vpn-help] Fwd: Re:  Starting the GUI
Datum: Thu, 25 Mar 2010 10:12:44 +0100
Von: Albrecht Mehl <mehl at freunde.tu-darmstadt.de>
An: Matthew Grooms <mgrooms at shrew.net>

Dear Matthew,

thank you very much for your reply. Unfortunately I have still not succeded.

Am 24.03.2010 17:08, schrieb Matthew Grooms:
> On 3/15/2010 4:34 AM, Albrecht Mehl wrote:
> As it says in the doc, you run iked which runs in the background. Its
> the key daemon. You then run ikea which is the gui which connects to the
> key daemon.

In my first message of 13 March 2010 I posted the complete output of the
compilation process. In it at the end

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

-- Looking for IceConnectionNumber in ICE - found
-- Found X11: /usr/lib64/libX11.so
-- Enabled Client QT GUI support ...
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/am/internet/shrewvpn/ike

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

which seems to have been successful.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

In this directory /home/.../ike I find

  /ike/
       script/iked
       source/
              ikea.1
                  .cpp
                  .h
                  .pro

The last four files ikea.* are not executable.
Searching for ikea or for ikea* gave no results in /usr and in /opt.
So there remains the question

  - Where to look for ikea .... if it already exists

or

  - What to do in order to have it built

Grateful

A. Mehl
--
Albrecht Mehl	    |
Schorlemmerstr. 33  |Tel. (06151) 37 39 92