[vpn-help] VPN connection issues over 3G

Peter DeWitt pdewitt at dotomi.com
Tue Mar 30 11:26:07 CDT 2010

I am using Shrew Soft VPN Client 2.1.5 on Windows 7 Pro with the AT&T USBConnect Lighting 3G Data Card and version 7.0/7.1 of the Connection Manager Software connecting back to a Cisco ASA.  When the user trys to connect, he gets a 'negotiation timout ocurred' message.  This config works for me on my laptop but not on his.  From what I can see the two systems are configured the same  I was wondering if anyone else has experienced anything similar.  Here is the connection dialog:

config loaded for site 'VPN-Site'

configuring client settings ...

attached to key daemon ...

peer configured

iskamp proposal configured

esp proposal configured

client configured

local id configured

pre-shared key configured

bringing up tunnel ...

negotiation timout occurred ß

tunnel disabled

detached from key daemon ...

attached to key daemon ...

peer configured

iskamp proposal configured

esp proposal configured

client configured

local id configured

pre-shared key configured

bringing up tunnel ...

negotiation timout occurred ß

tunnel disabled

detached from key daemon ...

Any help/ideas would be appreciated.

pd

Peter DeWitt | Senior Windows & Helpdesk Administrator

168 North Clinton Street, Fourth Floor
Chicago, Illinois 60661
o: 312.253.3519 | f: 312.588.3698 | c: 630.215.3415

 www.dotomi.com <http://www.dotomi.com/>