[vpn-help] trouble when opening two tunnels from a single location

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed Mar 3 23:18:06 CST 2010

On 3/3/2010 4:30 AM, Alec Torunczyk wrote:
> Problem :
>
> In my agency, the VPN client connects to my headquarters gateway without
> trouble. But when I try to connect another station (using a separate
> .vpn file), the first one is disconnected showing “remote gateway not
> responding”. I tried with two different credentials or not.
>
> I have reproduced either in different agencies and at home.

I don't think your going to have much luck connecting with two sites
simultaneously. It can be done, but only if both remote access configs
are crafted very carefully. My guess is that the second tunnel captures
traffic that would normally be directed to the first tunnel gateway
endpoint ( maybe due to tunnel all policy? ). I also haven't tested this
for quite some time so there may be something broken in the client that
prevents multiple simultaneous connections from working properly. It did
work at one point.