[vpn-help] racoon & ike: Missing the last tiny bit ...

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de
Fri Mar 19 05:07:07 CDT 2010

Am 19.03.2010 10:53, Clemens Perz schrieb:
> Hi all!
>
> I am suffering from a lack of genius here :))
>
> A debian lenny with racoon up and running serves as vpn backend.
> Originally, I created a working configuration using the Shrewsoft client
> for Windows, used that for a while and it still works perfect.
>
> Now I want the same thing on Ubuntu Karmic, i.e. 9.10. First I just
> installed the client, imported my existing configuration and connected
> to the server. Everything fine, it connects, gets the config, creates
> the tap0, sets the routes. But when I ping one of the private hosts
> inside the vpn no packages find their way back and ping just says nothing.
>
> When I trace the packages with tcpdump I see that all targets return the
> right stuff, so the ping packages are routed to the target, processed
> and answered. The answer package has the ip of the pinged host as
> source, the tap0 ip as target and should do fine. That happens with all
> protocols - I see the routing working, but the requesting application
> gets nothing.

Do you see at the ubuntu client side any icmp-answers incoming at
network layer?

Does it work to ping from the vpn-server to the ubuntu client?

Could you also please try if setting 1 or 0 to
/proc/sys/net/ipv6/bindv6only does change anything?

Stefan

--
PGP: E80A 50D5 2D46 341C A887 F05D 5C81 5858 DCEF 8C34