[vpn-help] Using Shrew with a Netgear DG834Gv3

stel at mail.usa.com stel at mail.usa.com
Sat May 1 08:07:03 CDT 2010

 Hi there,

I'm hoping someone will be able to help with this.

I'm getting the "negotiation timout occurred" error in Shrew when trying to connect.

Just to be clear, Using Microsoft's own Windows software (PPTP) on both machines the VPN works fine. I can connect, map network drives and access files.
So I'm sure that static ip address, firewalls etc all work.

I can email the full debug / error report as well as screenshots from both server and client, if you want.

I'd really appreciate some help, as I'm stuck.

Many thanks