[vpn-help] 2.1.6 Beta 8 Available ...

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Wed May 12 09:21:35 CDT 2010

All,

I just posted 2.1.6 beta 8 on the download page. This includes changes
that fix two problems. The first caused a kernel crash when using PPTP
and likely other NDIS WAN adapter types. The second caused the wrong IP
address to be selected when multiple addresses exist for the public
network interface. If you have encountered either of these two issues,
please test beta 8 and report back to the list.

I plan on focusing a bit on some of the userland code a bit before we
push out a release candidate. There are some user submitted patches
sitting in my queue that need review. There have also been reports of
issues with the Linux/BSD UI that need to be addressed. The last thing
that needs to be completed is support for cisco client compatible SA
negotiation ( single 0.0.0.0/0 SA w/ multiple routes ). Most of this
work is already completed but hasn't been merged to subversion yet. In
any case, I hope to have a 2.1.6 release candidate out before the end of
the month.