[vpn-help] Internet connection dies after some minutes of heavy download traffic

wosgien at gmail.com wosgien at gmail.com
Thu May 13 04:04:23 CDT 2010

Hi,

first I would like to thank you for your great product. After trying various
other solutions without success, your program immediately worked.

Unfortunytely, there is one problem: After some minutes under heavy load, my
internet connection is dead. Download stops and I cannot reach any page in
my web browser.

The problem does not occur while I am actually connected through the Shrew
Soft VPN Client with my work PC. During that time, I only generate small
traffic, and everything works fine, even for long times (9 - 10 hours).

The problem does occur while I am NOT connected through the Shrew Soft VPN
Client, i.e. when I am using my PC for private purposes (without any active
VPN connection). During that time, I often download stuff from the Usenet
with high speed (50 Mbps). And after some minutes of heavy download, my
internet connection dies. Then I have to reboot my PC to get my internet
connection back to normal.

I think the culprit is the 'Shrew Soft Leightweight Filter'. When I disable
it in the properties of my LAN card, the problem vanishes.

The problem occurs with Shrew Soft VPN Client For Windows 2.1.5-release,
2.1.6-beta-7, and 2.1.6-beta-8. Using 64-bit Windows 7 Home.

Best regards,
Andreas