[vpn-help] Using Shrew with a Netgear DG834Gv3

Stefan Bauer stefan.bauer at cubewerk.de
Thu May 6 03:32:24 CDT 2010

Am 02.05.2010 15:21, stel at mail.usa.com schrieb:
>  Hi everyone,
>
> I attach screenshots from both the server and client.
> I'd appreciate it if you could have a look because I'm a bit stuck.

Try changing exchange mode from main to aggressive at client and
server side.

Furthermore on your Screenshot "Router Port.JPG" this setting is
totaly useless. Your client is the initiator of the vpn-connection
as it has a dynamic ip-address. So there will not be any initial
incoming request from your vpn-concentrator. Try to disable all
port-forwards at your client router and make sure, udp 500,4500 is
allowed to pass-by your router from inside.

Stefan
--
PGP: E80A 50D5 2D46 341C A887 F05D 5C81 5858 DCEF 8C34