[vpn-help] Fwd: Internet connection dies after some minutes of heavy download traffic

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri May 21 11:18:11 CDT 2010

On 5/18/2010 9:33 AM, Uracs Tamás wrote:
> Mine was FTP. And I have 20mbit connection with Juniper SSG5 with fixed IP, no PPP. :-(
>
> Yesterday I had it with utorrent too. Probably You can reproduce this issue with this program better.

I spent quite a bit of time now trying to reproduce this issue with no
luck. I need a volunteer that can reproduce the issue to help me track
it down. It involves enabling more of the built-in Windows debug tools
and sending me the output. The process is as follows ...

1) Make sure your system is configured to write out small memory dump (
minidump ) files when a kernel bug check is triggered ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315263

2) Enable driver verifier for the Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter driver
using "create standard settings" and then reboot your computer ...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617

3) Reproduce the issue

I suspect the driver is causing a deadlock due to lock order issues. The
driver verifier should hopefully detect this condition and cause
minidump debug info to be written. Send this output to me.

Any takers?