[vpn-help] Win 7 32 Bit virtual adpater not being created

Chris Martin cmartin at sjutech.com
Tue Nov 9 16:30:06 CST 2010

Shrew VPN 2.1.7 is making the connection to the Gateway and states
tunnel is enabled.. No traffic will pass. SO I looked at my network
adapters and the Virtual Adapter is not being created.

I had an earlier version of the client on my laptop and tried to upgrade
it to the new version during the uninstall the installer froze up. So I
rebooted and then proceeded with the install. All seemed to go fine.

What can I do to fix this as it is no longer creating my Virtual adapter
when I am connecting?

Chris Martin

SJU Technology Group

Technology Support Manager

Sparrow, Johnson & Ursillo, Inc.

1300 Division Rd, Suite 202

West Warwick RI, 02893

( Work: (401) 521-4000 ext: 150

( Mobile: (508) 326-2673

( Fax: (401) 274-5368

* cmartin at sjutech.com <mailto:cmartin at sjutech.com>

  www.sju.com <http://www.sju.com>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email and any attachments thereto may contain
information which is privileged and confidential,and is intended for the sole
use of the recipient(s) named above. Any use whatsoever of the information
contained herein (including, but not limited to, total or partial reproduction,
communication or distribution in any form) by persons other than the designated
recipient(s) is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error,
please notify the sender either by telephone, by email,or by any other written
or telephonic means, and delete the material from any computer.Thank you for
your cooperation.
eSafe scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content