[vpn-help] VPN was working but now broken after firewall version replacement

Donald Woeltje donald_woeltje at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 19 15:28:04 CST 2010

We purchased a pair of Sidewinder 7.x firewalls. Beginning with version 7.x,
Secure Computing doesn't support client VPN's but using the Shrewsoft client, we
got it working (and with extended authentication, via RADIUS component of
Safeword 2008, so we could use OTP tokens). But 2 nights ago, over my
objections, Sidewinder 7 was wiped out and the firewalls were rebuilt with
Sidewinder 8. That broke our VPN capability. Are you going to add support for
Sidewinder 8.x?

Or do you have any idea why our VPN functionality would fail after going from
Sidewinder 7 to Sidewinder 8?