[vpn-help] Established VPN tunnel by Ubuntu client only transfers limited userland data

Gordon gordon.a.lang at gmail.com
Tue Nov 16 14:25:53 CST 2010

Hi Matthew,

Thanks for getting back to me on this.

I've looked around for any MTU setting on the Netgear router, and can
only find one reference to this. The router has a default MTU size of
1500 on the WAN interface.

I was sort of expecting that there might be some MTU setting within the
VPN functionality of the router, but none is apparent.

Anyway,I've tried reducing this WAN MTU downwards, as far as 1300, with
no apparent change in the Linux client behaviour.

Is this enough info to move forward with?

Thanks,
Gordon