[vpn-help] VPN help

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Fri Nov 26 13:19:30 CST 2010

On 11/23/2010 9:45 AM, Josh O'Guin wrote:
> I am currently using a Windows XP Home edition laptop with ShrewSoft VPN
> Client 2.1.7 installed. I am connecting to an offsite Adtran NetVanta
> 3448. The NetVanta 3448 is configured with the settings recommended from
> the shrew support website. I load the policy and access manager says
> that I am connected. My laptops ipconfig –all shows the virtual adapter
> with a 192.168.5.1 address with the correct dns server, but I cannot
> ping anything on the internal network that I’m trying to connect to. Any
> help with this would be great. The access manager is giving me this output:

> Under the Network tab:
>
> Security associations
>
> Established – 0
>
> Expired - 0
>
> Failed - 1

This means the phase2 negotiation failed. Check your phase2 parameters
in the site configuration. Its possible that there is a mismatch with
the IPsec configuration section of the NetVanta settings ...

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoAdtran#DefinetheVPNPeerConfiguration

Also check your policy settings to ensure the source and destination
settings match your local network and the remote addressing IP address
range for IPsec clients ...

http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/HowtoAdtran#DefinetheVPNPeerPolicies

Hope this helps,