[vpn-help] No DHCP Response from Gateway

Ben Chamberlain ben.chamberlain at nwales-fireservice.org.uk
Tue Oct 5 03:00:33 CDT 2010

Hi there Shrewsoft guys,

Hoping you may be able to help with what seems to be random 'No DHCP response from gateway' messages?

I am using the 2.1.6 Windows client, connecting in to a Fortigate 310B device - configured as per the guides, with the exception of PFS Exchange which is set to group 5 instead of group 2.

I've read the archive - this isn't a DHCP lease issue as our Fortigate has plenty of leases available.

Also I've disabled DPD and this didn't resolve the issue.

VPN works ok fine with the native Forticlient software.

Would the PFS exchange group be affecting this considering it is not set as per the configuration guides.

Many thanks in advance,

Ben

Cyfrinachedd: Mae’r neges e-bost hon ac unrhyw ffeiliau a
drosglwyddir gyda hi, yn breifat ac fe allent fod yn cynnwys gwybodaeth
sy’n gyfrinachol neu’n gyfreithiol-freintiedig. Os byddwch yn derbyn
y neges hon trwy gamgymeriad, a fyddech mor garedig â rhoi
gwybod inni a chael gwared arni o’ch system ar unwaith.

Ymwadiad: Fe allai e-bostio trwy’r We fod yn agored i oedi,
rhyng-gipio, peidio â chyrraedd, neu newidiadau heb eu hawdurdodi.
Felly, nid yw’r wybodaeth a fynegir yn y neges hon yn cael cefnogaeth
GTAGC oni bai fod cynrychiolydd awdurdodedig, yn annibynnol
ar yr e-bost hwn, yn hysbysu ynghylch hynny. Ni ddylid gweithredu
o ddibynnu ar gynnwys yr e-bost hwn yn unig.

Monitro: Bydd GTAGC yn monitro cynnwys e-byst at ddiben
atal neu ddarganfod troseddau, a hynny er mwyn sicrhau diogelwch
ein systemau cyfrifiadurol a gwirio cydymffurfiad â’n polisïau.

Gwasanaeth Tân ac Achub Gogledd Cymru
Parc Busnes Llanelwy, Sir Ddinbych.  LL17 0JJ
Confidentiality: This email and any files transmitted with it, are
private and may contain confidential or legally privileged information.
If you receive this message in error, please notify us and then
immediately remove it from your system.

Disclaimer: Internet email may be subject to delays, interception,
non-delivery or unauthorised alterations. Therefore, information
expressed in this message is not endorsed by NWFRS unless
otherwise notified by an authorised representative independent
of this email. No action should be taken in reliance on the
content of this email.

Monitoring: NWFRS monitors email traffic content for the purposes
of the prevention and detection of crime, ensuring the security of
our computer systems and checking compliance with our policies

North Wales Fire and Rescue Service
St Asaph Business Park, Denbighshire. LL17 0JJ