[vpn-help] Shrew soft VPN with certificates issue

Gibson Moses Gibson.Moses at uct.ac.za
Fri Oct 22 04:44:35 CDT 2010

Hi All,

I am trying to setup the Shrew vpn client on windows/linux but I can't
seem to get the client to connect to my cisco IPSEC VPN.

I am using certificates. When I import my CA,Client certificate and the
client key and try to connect I just get a password prompt which I
suspect is for the certificate. In my case I haven't created my client
certificate with a password.

Can someone point me on the way to go?

I have the Cisco IPSEC VPN running on a Catalyst 6500 switch(blade)
I use this device with a Cisco VPN client with the certificates and I
don't get any issues but when I try the Shrew VPN client this fails.

Thanks and regards,

Gibson Moses
Network Infrastructure
Information & Communication Technology Services
University of Cape Town
Tel(w): 021 650 5929
Fax(w): 021 650 3726
Mobile : 0027723243949
email: gibson.moses at uct.ac.za

###
UNIVERSITY OF CAPE TOWN

This e-mail is subject to the UCT ICT policies and e-mail disclaimer
published on our website at
http://www.uct.ac.za/about/policies/emaildisclaimer/ or obtainable from
+27 21 650 9111. This e-mail is intended only for the person(s) to whom
it is addressed. If the e-mail has reached you in error, please notify
the author. If you are not the intended recipient of the e-mail you may
not use, disclose, copy, redirect or print the content. If this e-mail
is not related to the business of UCT it is sent by the sender in the
sender's individual capacity.

###