[vpn-help] No DHCP Response from Gateway

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Sun Oct 10 16:43:33 CDT 2010

On 10/8/2010 7:24 AM, Ben Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Please find attached debug log as per your request...
>
> Problem: No DHCP Response from Gateway on some clients. All clients connect to same gateway and are using Windows XP SP3.
>
> To reproduce: Unable to reproduce on good client.
>
> VPN Client Version: 2.1.6
> Windows OS Version: XP SP3
> Gateway Make/Model: FortiGate 310B
> Gateway OS Version: 3.00-b5298(MR6)
>
> Many thanks,

Hi Ben,

Thanks for proving the debug log output. I'm not exactly sure what the
issue is, but it gave me a better idea of what you are up against. Can
you try to describe in a bit more detail the circumstance in which the
issue occurs? In particular, I'm a bit fuzzy on a few of your comments.
You state "Unable to reproduce on good client". Do you mean that some
computers with the Shrew Soft client never have this problem, but some
do. Or when you say "good client", are you referring to the Fortigate
client? Also, does this problem occur after a client disconnects and
then re-connects, or does it also happen randomly when a computer has
been setting idle for long periods of time, and then a user initiates a
connection?