[vpn-help] I get "Error 0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component" in Win7

Hamidreza Moezivafa hamid.moezi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 19 06:58:05 CDT 2010

I have a Win7 ultimate and I tried to install Shrew 2.1.5 for the first time
(I did not run as admin for the first time). but I faced an
"error  0x8004a029: Couldn't install the network component" but the
installation has been completed successfully.
when I reboot and import the ***.VPN file, Shrew asked me for user and pass,
and I entered and I got this error :

local id configured
pre-shared key configured
bringing down tunnel ...
adapter configuration failed
tunnel disabled
detached from key daemon ...

and My shrew VPN  in network adapter section of device manager has a
attention mark and give me error (code 31) :
This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers
required for this device. (Code 31)

I have tried to uninstall according to Mathew guide and when I reboot and
re-install , I didn`t got the error 0x8004a029, but The other 2 problem(
code 31 and adaptor config. faild ) is remained.

any Idea for me to install the VPN on win7.

Thank you
Hamid