[vpn-help] Multiple connections

Matthew Grooms mgrooms at shrew.net
Thu Sep 16 18:21:21 CDT 2010

On 9/14/2010 5:51 AM, Victor wrote:
> I do not succeed in making more than one VPN-connection at the same time
> from accessmanager (different local subnet ip ranges). Wonder if this is
> by design. Cannot find any information about it. With the IPsec policy
> in Windows this is possible. Regards, VO

Which version of the client are you using? There was a bug fixed in
2.1.6 that allowed multiple virtual adapters to be created. Before that,
the client would fail to create the second adapter instance.

Building multiple parallel tunnels is tricky at best. A good start would
be to ensure that you can connect to both individually, then verify that
none of the remote networks overlap. There may also be problems with DNS
resolution ( ping by address is OK but using DNS names ) unless both of
your tunnel configuration are crafted very carefully.