[vpn-help] negotiation timeout - but only at Peet's coffee!

spam at lucky1.com spam at lucky1.com
Thu Apr 14 11:10:32 CDT 2011

I use version 2.1.7 on a laptop running Windows 7 Professional 64 bit.

It works fine on my home wired network, on my home wireless network, on my
wireless broadband connection, and when I'm at Starbucks using their
wireless network.  However, when I use the wireless network at my local
Peet's coffee shop, I get the "negotiation timeout occurred" message.

Any idea why?  I suspect that Peet's wireless access device/router is
blocking the traffic, or perhaps something in the wireless profile I have
for that that network is doing so.  Any suggestions on troubleshooting this?

Thanks for any suggestions.