[vpn-help] Connecting v2.2 to WatchGuard XTM

gregmail at outtacyte.com gregmail at outtacyte.com
Wed Apr 20 18:15:32 CDT 2011

Does anybody have any experience connecting to a WatchGuard XTM (23 series,
11.x, Pro)?

I am hoping this can be done as the box is otherwise an excellent unit.

I can't get the WatchGuard to accept any of my local client config choices.

Type 11 (Key Identifier) is unsupported,
Types 1,2,3 (IP, FQDN, UFQDN) don't show as unsupported, but I can't figure
out where in the WatchGuard I might place the desired identifier and it
doesn't find it and rejects with no response.  The VPN Trace log shows it
sending, but nothing coming back at all.  On the WatchGuard I can see it
getting the P1 info, but since it doesn't find a match it's a no-go.

Anybody have any ideas?

-greg