[vpn-help] Shrew Client to Cisco RV042

Dale Marthaller dmarthaller at shaw.ca
Thu Apr 28 11:15:59 CDT 2011

I'm hoping that someone can assist me.

I'm attempting to configure my new Cisco RV042 router to accept VPN connections. The router is running the latest firmware version 4.xxxxx. I have fought with the Cisco QuickVPN client for three days and gave up. I'm now attempting to configure Shrew. I found an entry on the Shrew wiki pages that walks me through the configuration of the client and RV042 router. I noticed that the sample router in the document was running the earlier firmware 1.xxxx.

The client I'm using is a Vista PC behind a Linksys/Cisco WRT160N. I have full admin access to the routers and PC. On both of the two routers I have some ports forwarded to a web server/mail server (Ports 80, 443 and 25).

Has anyone on this list successfully connected this combination?