[vpn-help] session terminated by gateway

kevin vpn kvpn at live.com
Tue Apr 26 21:35:28 CDT 2011

On Thu, 14 Apr 2011 09:46:11 -0400
Robert Bourguignon <robertb at plusinc.net> wrote:

> 11/04/14 09:18:59 ii : phase1 sa established
> 11/04/14 09:18:59 ii : received xauth result -
> 11/04/14 09:18:59 ii : user xxxxxx authentication succeeded
> 11/04/14 09:18:59 ii : sending config pull request
> 11/04/14 09:18:59 ii : received peer DELETE message

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the debug report.  From the trace, it shows the phase1
negotiations are successful.  It also shows that XAuth authentication
is successful.  However, just as the Shrew client is negotiating
configuration parameters (IP address and the like), the remote end
requests that the connection be dropped.

So there's something not quite right, but I don't know Cisco well
enough to help.  I'd suggest double-checking all the settings from the
HowTo.  I'd also suggest checking the log on the ASA device to see if
it helps.  You can post that here if you'd like us to look it over.

Another thing, check to make sure that the two networks at either end
do not overlap.  Check the subnet masks.