[vpn-help] VPN IPsec issue

alex razgul guliaymsk at gmail.com
Sun Aug 14 02:07:50 CDT 2011

Hello,

I'm using Shrew VPN client to establish VPN IPsec connectivity.

There is an issue:

I use  server (Windows 2008) which is located in dataCenter, so I have to
operate via RDP.

When I establish VPN connection I lose access to the server.

I think it happens because of the VPN client. I suspect It applies IPsec
policies to all trafic.

I've seen in connection log that the VPN-client creates inbound and outbound
policies this way:

ANY - x.x.x.x
x.x.x.x.-ANY

I hope that there is a way to create these policies not for ANY but for the
defined IP address.

What properies shall I set in Shrew VPN client to apply IPsec policies only
to the trafic sent between the endPoints of VPN tunnel?

thanks,

Alex