[vpn-help] Unable to connect using shrewsoft 2.2.0

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Dec 1 21:20:44 CST 2011

On 11/25/2011 09:39 PM, Harpreet Hira wrote:
> I'm unable to connect to Cisco gateway using shrewsoft 2.2.0 installed on
> my Window 7 64-bit box. After clicking connect, the client  shows the
> following message --
>
> config loaded for site 'xxxxxx.pcf'
> attached to key daemon ...
> peer configured
> iskamp proposal configured
> esp proposal configured
> client configured
> local id configured
> remote id configured
> pre-shared key configured
> bringing up tunnel ...
> network unavailable
> tunnel disabled
> detached from key daemon
>

> VPN Client Version = 2.2.0 Beta 2
> Windows OS Version = Windows 7 64 bit
> Gateway Make/Model = CISCO
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Harpreet,

The "network unavailable" message suggests to me that something is wrong
with your client machine.  I'd first try re-installing Shrew to see if
that works.

Then you check to see if the "Shrew Soft Lightweight Filter" shows up in
the Properties for your network adapter.  You could also check if the
Shrew services are running (there's 3 of them) in the Windows Services
panel.

It may also help by giving us a bug report using the Trace Utility:
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows

If