[vpn-help] failing with WLAN connection on Win7 x64 [Shrew 2.2.0]

Kevin VPN kvpn at live.com
Thu Dec 8 20:22:43 CST 2011

On 12/08/2011 10:13 AM, Thorsten Albrecht wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Shrew VPN 2.2. does not work with WLAN 0 on my Windows 7 x64 notebook
> Lenovo T510. With ethernet everything works fine.
>
> WLAN uses the following device: Realtek 11b/g/n  Wireless LAN Mini-PCI
> Express Adapter II.
>
> The vpn profile is fine, it works on other systems, too (connection to
> a VPN router Lancom 1823).
>
> Is there something more I could try to get it work? I tried to
> disable/enable the windows firewall but this has no effect.
>
> Thank you for your help and best regards

Hi Thorsten,

The first thing that I would suggest is to provide us with a couple
pieces of information.

1. A Shrew trace, using this link:
http://www.shrew.net/support/wiki/BugReportVpnWindows

2. The output from 'ipconfig /all' run from a cmd prompt when you have
the WLAN active.

3. The output from 'route print' run from a cmd prompt when you have the
WLAN active.

To do steps 2 and 3, click Start then type cmd into the search box.
When cmd.exe appears in the search results, right-click on it and select
"Run as Administrator."  When the cmd prompt window opens, type the
commands to generate the output.  Then right-click in the window and
choose Mark.  You can then click and drag to highlight the text.  Once
highlighted, hit Enter to copy the highlighted text.  You can then paste
it into your email or a text file that you can attach to the message.